Why choose Wallasey Orthodontics
At Wallasey Orthodontics, we’ve been looking after smiles here in The Wirral, for decades. As specialist orthodontists, we’ve had an extra 5 years of training compared to your regular dentist, and we’ve carried out over 5,000 treatments over the last four years.
We know that so many people are self-conscious about their teeth, so we do our best to give you a boost of self-esteem, along with a brand new smile.
Specialists in orthodontics
Discover the difference a beautiful smile can make. When you visit us, you'll experience:
- Our extensive experience and expertise
- Cutting-edge orthodontic technology
- Our care and attention for you and our local community
Experience and expertise
Our lead orthodontist, Dr Richard Gibson, was awarded the Liverpool Orthodontology Award for Best Treated Cases. He’s trained right up to hospital consultant level and spends part of his time providing complex specialist care. And our entire team are just as exemplary.
Cutting-edge orthodontic technology
We’re proud owners of the iTero® Element™ Digital Scanner – advanced technology that makes your treatment fuss free, and more accurate. We also use digital radiographs and photos, and go as paperless as possible, making everything we do seamless and efficient.
Focusing on you and our community
Since 1982, we’ve been focused on making a positive difference in the lives of our fellow residents of The Wirral. This includes our care for children, adults and vulnerable members of society – both in practice, and through charity support, we’re dedicated to working with people with autism.
The wider community is just as important – so we use solar panels to reduce energy usage, and we keep a diligent watch on how we use consumables.
And since everyone loves a freebie, we gift our patients with free Tropic Skincare products, when we remove their braces.
Why is orthodontics important?
Orthodontics are an important part of your overall health since crooked teeth or misaligned jaws could cause:
- Excessive plaque build-up in hard to reach areas
- Gingivitis (gum disease)
- Problems with digestion due to poor chewing
Benefits of orthodontics also include:
- Improved confidence
- Removal of dental crowding or closing spaces
- Alignment of the upper and lower dental arches
- Correction of the bite of the teeth so the front teeth and back teeth meet together
- Reducing the likelihood of damage to prominent teeth
- Enhancing facial aesthetics
- Accommodating impacted, unerupted or displaced teeth
- Preparation for advanced dental treatment, such as crowns, bridges or dental implants
- Reversing the drifting of the teeth in older patients who have suffered from advanced gum disease
To understand the difference between dentists and orthodontists, you can read our guide.
My braces made a difference to me. Now my teeth are straight, I’ve confidence I never had.