Our Mission Statement
At Wallasey Orthodontic Practice, our mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of children, young people and adults by offering the highest-quality of orthodontic care in a comfortable and friendly environment. By providing a team of professional, honest, compassionate and committed staff, we aim to improve patient health, appearance, self-confidence and overall quality of life.
Why Wallasey Orthodontic?
Wallasey orthodontic practice has been providing specialist orthodontic services to the Wirral and beyond since 1982.
- We aim to empower patients to manage and maintain great dental and oral health and allow them to embrace the smile they always dreamed of.
- We do this by blending our expertise, knowledge and skills with their desire for a winning smile.
- We provide contemporary, evidence based, efficient and effective Consultant led treatment in a friendly and welcoming environment for both children and adults from a convenient and accessible location.
What’s an Orthodontist anyway?
Well an Orthodontist is a dentist who has gone through a minimum of 3 years specific orthodontic training and successfully passed the Membership in Orthodontic examination set by one of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh or London). They are trained in all routine aspects of orthodontic diagnosis, planning and treatment. Orthodontists can at this stage choose to apply for further advanced training in more complex care which allows them to become a hospital Consultant.
Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry concerned with the growth of the teeth, jaws and face, is in high demand. In excess of 200,000 children and teenagers in England and Wales have treatment within the NHS every year, with growing numbers of adults and young people seeking treatment on a private basis. Why? Orthodontic treatment is about making the best of your teeth; it’s about improving the harmony of your mouth and jaws. Once you can bite together correctly, you can eat more comfortably and care for your teeth and gums more easily. And your smile will benefit immensely!
The benefits of orthodontic treatment include:
- Removal of dental crowding or closing spaces
- Alignment of the upper and lower dental arches
- Correction of the bite of the teeth so that the front teeth meet on closing and the back teeth mesh together
- Reducing the likelihood of damage to prominent teeth
- Enhancing facial aesthetics
- Accommodating impacted, unerupted or displaced teeth
- Preparation for advanced dental treatment, such as crowns, bridges or dental implants
- Reversing the drifting of the teeth in older patients who have suffered from advanced gum disease